Monday, August 27, 2007

Get thee to a nunnery!

Ophelia, she is finished. Here are the pics and this is the gist.




Pattern by A Mingled Yarn.
Yarn used: Just over 3 skeins of LB Cotton ease
A little about this yarn. My newest and dearest love. Cheap, easy to work with, stretchy for a cotton blend, and dreamy knitted up. This entire cardigan cost me a little over $8 to knit. Can't beat that deal.
The pattern: Perfection. Well-written, adorable, and enough lace to keep it interesting without being too complicated to knit whilst watching TV. In fact it took me about 8 days of knitting during the kiddo's naps and in the evenings watching the summer fluff. I love this little cardigan. It is just the right weight and coverage for chilly mornings here in Chicago, cutesy enough to throw on a t-shirt and pretend I'm girly. I could see this going with jeans, a skirt (like I'd wear one), and even a little summer dress. Gloriana has created something I will wear often and will very likely knit again for my little sister, who would look darling in this. Jen, if you read this, I'm talking bout you babe.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

So exciting! Your Ophelia looks wonderful, and I'm so glad you found the pattern easy to work from. Great job!

amanda said...

Beautiful!