Saturday, April 07, 2007

Ode to the mutha, Thermal take 2, and new hair

"When life gets you down, you know what ya gotta do? Just keep swimming." Dory has the right idea, and my mom broke it down to me like this. "This too shall pass." When I was in the Army, and I would cry myself to sleep, those words from my mother kept me alive. Restored the hope that no matter what life threw at me, I could overcome. I want those words with me always. So here they are...in my mother's actual handwriting. Thank you Noodles from Tomato Tattoos for giving my mom's words of comfort a permanent home on my body. And thank you Mom, for being a constant force of strength and beauty in my life. I love you.


Oh, and here's the new hair. The yellow was just the middle man from black to red. Can't have the cuteness without a little bleachiness.



And last, but not least, the freshly blocked Thermal. Original picture - preblocked. Looked craptacular.


And now, voila - a sweater I will wear. Who knew that blocking could add SEVERAL inches to this sweater. A lot of girls on the knitalong have expressed issues with the shortness, but after 1 wonderful gal said she was able to lengthen substantially by blocking, I thought I'd give it another chance. Sorry, Jen, this one's a keeper.

2 comments:

treece104 said...

Amanda,
That is AWESOME!!!!!Thank you soooo....much!
Love Mom

Susan said...

Wow, love it all! Thermal looks great, hair looks great, tat looks great!

My Mom lost her battle with cancer 8 years ago. Your tattoo made me cry. Very touching. It's PERFECT.