Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Blerg!*

SO MUCH SNOW!!! It has been snowing nonstop all damn day, and I'm starting to feel like one of the Little House on the Prairie girls all cooped up in my house with a 4 yr old who desperately needs a lot of physical activity. So we've been wrestling and running circles around the house all day. Here's a shot of our patio table; it's hard to tell b/c I took it 10 minutes ago in the dark, but there's almost a foot of snow on that thing.

In other winter related wonder, we finally bought a Christmas tree. We do enjoy the comforts of a good old-fashioned secular Christmas, complete with pine tree goodness and presents aplenty :) Perrin was delighted to be the one to put the star on top.

In knitting related awesomeness, I whipped up this little camera case for our new camera. It's a purple Nikon Coolpix, and it's so darling and fits right in my pocket. Who couldn't love that?

The future of my needles? I've got 2 sweaters waiting on yarn. First is the garter yoke pullover from Knit.1 magazine created by one of my favorite bloggers, Knitting School Dropout. I'm just anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Knitpicks Wool of the Andes in a gorgeous deep green for this one.

And I'm super stoked to get started on Coraline from the darling Ysolda. I've admired her patterns for years (and crushing on her cuteness a little) but this is the first one I've purchased.


I'm a little uncertain what yarn I wanna use for this. I have some Knitpicks Shine Sport in a light blue, but I'm meh about it for this sweater. I was thinking of using some light grey Cascade 220 that I have laying around, but I don't know if I have enough. We'll see.

Next post will be all about my new obsession with shoes.

*In reference to my favorite catchphrase of Tina Fey's in 30 Rock. I discovered this fabulousness last week and have since watched all 3 seasons whilst knitting some armwarmers for John's aunt and eating homemade chocolate biscotti from mine. It's been a rather slow week.

No comments: