Thursday, December 04, 2008

Odds and Ends

I've been a bit of a knitting fool lately. John's company is having a holiday party next weekend, and I bought this adorable little black dress. However, I have tons of tats, and it might be a little chilly, I designed this adorable shrug with a lacy cuff. I used some cheapo Red Heart soft, which I've used before and dig. This will not only keep me toasty, but it'll also cover up a couple of tattoos should there be some stuffies there. Normally, I'd just say "fuck 'em" and show them off, but this is a new job for John, and I can spend one evening not stickin' it to the man :)

Next up, we've got some mittens I knitted up in 2 days out of some hand dyed wool I bought over the interwebz over a year ago. It's a little itchy, but it's so gorgeous I can endure. I used a pattern from kpixie, which is very well written and easy.

And the last little bit are gloves I'm knitting for my best friend to give her boyfriend for Christmas. They're kinda big, so I'm going to rip back the pinky and thumb, as per the recommendations from my hubby hand model. I'm using the leftover RH from the shrug, and they're super soft. It's my first time knitting gloves, so the fingers are a little tricky, but I'm enjoying it. I think I'll make some for JOhn for Christmas if he's a very good boy.

So that's all for now. Up next, a hat for my best friend's brother and the beginning of a little cardigan I'm designing pretty much as I go.

No comments: