Monday, July 23, 2007

Half-assed fanny pack


Tomorrow Manda will be here, and I'll show her around Chicago. Wed, Kelly arrives, and we take a lake cruise and sip martinis. Thurs, we out. Not to return until Monday, and we're so exhausted and vacationed out that we're walking comas. I'm so excited I could pee my pants every second until they're here. These are my girls. I would walk through fire for either of them, and they know it. Kelly and I have been friends since the 7th grade; we can practically read each other's thoughts. Anyway, there will be mega recaps when it's over and oodles of pictures of us grabbing each other breasts....and probably some architecture.
Item essential for the trip...the fanny pack. I wasn't about to go out and purchase one. Not b/c I think I'm too "cool" for one; hell, I've never cared one bit about what was considered cool by the masses. I just had yarn and a desire to make my own. Here's what we're calling the most half-assed knit ever. Sure it looks decent from the outside; what you don't see is the craptacular liner I "sewed" (we're using this term loosely here) so my keys won't poke out between the stitches. Did I have some kind of proper materials for this? Of course not, so I used an old white tshirt. MacGyver, look the hell out. Yup, those are apple buttons for added cuteness. I like it, and it'll hold my necessites...ID, cashola, chapstick, and cell. What else does a girl need while looking at the world's ugliest Lincoln statue?
Behave, my lovelies, cuz I sure won't.

No comments: