Thursday, July 12, 2007

Sneakpeeksville of Fairy Princess sweater


I am so proud of myself that I have managed to do enough maddening math to come up with a design that I think I can easily manipulate into at least 3 different sizes. This is my "rough draft" if you will of the fairy princess sweater. Puffy sleeves, ruffled cuffs, and the schematics for the wings. I've got the pattern written up for the wings; I just have to get started on them. They will theoretically be sewn onto the back and buttoned at the top of each wing so that they can be released to flap around as the little princesses fly around. I'm nervous and excited about how it will be received if I ever manage to get the other 2 sizes knitted up and the whole thing written to perfection and submit for publication somewhere. Yes, I'm aware that this post is loaded with run ons, but I've had WAY too much caffeine today, so I'm a little wired! If you happen upon this blog, or are one of my lovely friends, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think. By the way, the sweater shown above is a size 4T, and I actually made my son wear it so I know it fits that age. He actually kinda liked it.

4 comments:

Helen said...

the funny thing is, I can totally picture him wearing it. haha!

don't show too much! Wouldn't want someone to steal it.

we will work on getting together soon. hopefully Helen's house gets done soon and we can all hang.

Robin said...

Very cute!

amanda said...

Wow! Can't wait to see the finished and modeled result.

MsFortuknit said...

This just ADORABLE!!!! Nice work... Cant wait to see the finish!

Great taste, I saw that we have very similar tastes and you had some friends of mine on your site as links... you should check out punk knitters and stigmata knits!! Let me know if you want to join stigmata, Severina and I set it up... its been a bit dead but were still there! hahah
Cheers again!