Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Why it's important to READ a pattern

I started the very lovely Picovoli by Grumperina last week. I'm now down to the bust, and it's looking rather dashing. However, I've been noticing that it looks a little tiny. Did I do a gauge swatch? Well of course not. So can I really complain that it's looking like a shirt for a 10 yr old? Not really. But my gauge is usually very spot on, so I glanced back at the pattern to double check my gauge. Lo and behold - it calls for size 4 needles, not the 3s I've been using. Arrrrrggghhhh!!!!!! Oh well. It's yet another adorable project that will be gifted to my very petite kid sister. She even loves the color. Lesson learned.

4 comments:

entrelac said...

Doh! Poor Tucker. I hate it when that happens. (and it's happened to me a LOT.) Do you need some more/other yarn to start Picovoli again for yourself? I have some nubbly-yummy purple cotton in my stash that ought to work perfectly for you. Let me know. :)

Tucker said...

I'm certainly not going to turn it down. I can pay you for it. I'd love to do another one for myself. Makes me feel better that someone else has done it.

entrelac said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
entrelac said...

Consider the yarn yours....although...speaking of Cotton Classic (I saw you mentioned it in a more recent entry), I have some in an indigo blue that was an ill-fated attempt to knit a Shapely Tee. If you want the Cotton Classic instead, you can HAVE it. That way you don't have to BUY the other yarn, and I'll have that stuff OUT of my stash. :)