Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanks a million

Thanksgiving is my all-time favorite holiday. What other day lets you gorge until you can no longer function, nap unabashedly with your pants unbuttoned, and hang out with cool families like mine? Did I mention the complete lack of religious awkwardness or mandatory gift-giving? Thanksgiving ROCKS!
I also like to reflect on the past year and make a mental note of the things for which I am very, very thankful. Like to hear it? Here it goes.

First and foremost, for my boys. Some days I'd rather shave my legs with a chainsaw than breathe in the fumes of the testosterone, but most I am swimming in bliss
Green tea fraps from Starbucks. Yeah, they're worth the $4 and pretentious punks I have to encounter to buy these
Cashmere yarn. Need I say more on this one?
My size 8 Addi Turbos. The yarn flies off these babies with no snags and no tears. I heart me some addis.
Downers Grove, Illinois. It's my Stars Hollow, my pie in the sky, my secret garden. I have never felt more at home than I do here. And I never thought I could say that about a suburb.
Crestor. Seems silly to thank a little pill, but without it, I may not have lived to see this day.
Monday night chats with my girls. Mom, Jen, Aunt Debbie, and Grandma. I am surrounded by a wealth of strong, warm, brave, and loving women who have shaped who I am and who I aim to become.

The universe has blessed me beyond all reason. I am not special. I am part of you and you are part of me. I am thankful for one more year to realize the joys of this life.

No comments: