Friday, November 23, 2007

I thank you for thangs

Camera is still broken, so no pics. I've finished the cardi, the trinity hat, and I am almost finished with bubble pullover. I wish I could post these things, but oh well.

Yesterday we spent Thanksgiving with very good friends and their gigantor family. It was wonderful and made me miss my own family so much. I introduced them to the joy of butt rolls, and we circled the table and announced what we were thankful for that year.
My top 3 were good friends, a happy family, and not being in TX anymore. But it's so much more than that. It's walking into Helen's house and knowing that no matter how difficult Perrin is or how stressed I am, it all melts away in the presence of a great friend who has not only been in my shoes but who makes me feel like a great mom even when I'm feeling like a beast. It's knowing that everyone in my family is happy and healthy and with the person they are meant to be with. It's waking up every morning, looking out my window and sighing b/c I always love what I see. It's feeling, for the first time in my life, that I am truly home. It's realizing how extraordinary this simple life has become for me. It's sitting by the fire, knitting a sweater next to my husband and feeling content.

1 comment:

Helen said...

so glad you had a nice time and was able to be with her family! I bet it was LOADS of fun. Went to Indy with his fam, which is BIG and had great times.